We’re here to help you find your dream job.
LET’S FIND YOUR MATCH
KEY POINTS FOR INTERVIEWS
- Do your research about the establishment. Know something about the chef and the cuisine they serve.
- Look the part! Make sure you are well groomed-hair cut, shaved, showered, clean fingernails, clean chef coat, polished shoes, etc…
- Arrive 5 minutes early. Don’t get there too early and never be late. If you are running late, call and say why.
- Make eye contact and smile! Sit up straight, don’t squirm around in your chair, don’t chew gum.
- Be a good listener… We all get nervous, however really try to focus on what you are being asked and answer concisely. Don’t tell the interviewer too much about yourself.
- Bring a few written questions and a pen- After you do research on a company, jot down a few questions for the interviewer.
- Turn off your cell phone!
- If they offer you coffee, decline. We recommend that you try to be as low profile as possible. Bring a bottle of water if you have to, but that’s it.